Sunday, January 19, 2014

A day with The Fault in Our Stars

(oh hey 2014, maybe I'll post on the blog this year.)


I recently spent an entire Saturday listening to the audiobook of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

source: goodreads


I don't listen to a lot of audiobooks but I really liked this one. Kate Rudd is a wonderful narrator who really captures the emotions and the humor in this book.  Yes, there are moments when you will find yourself laughing out loud, but for the most part you will be sobbing. This is a heartbreaking story about cancer kids at a support group which leads to one of the most beautiful love stories I've ever read. I can't even properly review this story because it's just achingly beautiful and sad and basically you feel like your heart has been ripped out of your chest and all you can say is "thank you." 

I highly recommend having a reading buddy for this book. You are going to need it and a big box of kleenex.

The movie comes out this summer, so if you'd like to have your heart ripped out twice there's that.

2 comments:

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...