Monday, June 25, 2012

Sometimes I'm crafty...

A couple weeks ago I attended a baby shower for one of my good friends. And since I can't just hop on a dog sled to hit up Babies R Us, I decided to make a diaper cake. 
 A few years ago I ordered a similar cake on ebay for a baby shower and thought, wow I could make that.   So the Friday before the baby shower I googled how to make a diaper cake and found this awesome video from Diaper Cakes by Becca.



 here's my attempt at making a diaper cake... it took me a few hours to make, 
but that included the time it took me to buy the diapers. Everything else I had at home.
(note: I used 100 size 1 Huggies.)




I used a large amount of white gift tissue paper for the center of the cake 
but you can put a small blanket in the center to hold the layers together.  
I used fancy scissors around the edge of the blue tissue that I used for the topper. 

 My bestie recently taught me how to make the cute tissue paper carnations from Folding Trees. 
 I just slipped them between the diapers so they are easy to remove when mom is ready to take apart the cake.  And yes I covered the cardboard base in foil.

 I love these cakes because they can be as simple or as fancy and you want, 
and they are a great centerpiece at the baby shower...not to mention so useful! 





1 comment:

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...