Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hey look at that, I read books.

You see that widget to the left?
It's come to my attention that I need some accountability over here so I've decided to show you all my goal to read 50 books in 2012. don't be surprised if mid-year it changes to 25 because I'm a baller.

What does this mean for you dear readers?

Well, the more books I read the better chance statistically speaking that I will actually review one. To be honest I am terrible at reviewing books, because if I don't like a book I usually don't finish it, and if I love a book it's hard to explain just what it is that draws me in. Basically I am saying that one time I mentioned reviewing books really meant I was going to start saying, "hey look at me I read a book without pictures in it, you should read it too."

You can go to my goodreads to see what books I've read recently.

Also, check out Bestie to Bestie for my latest gushy ramblings on Stephanie Perkin's novels Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door. Seriously, my bestie Angela is always finding the best books for me to read. She's practically a superhero.

So yea, there's that. Happy reading, everyone.

Au revoir,      

4 comments:

  1. You're amazing. I wouldn't even have time to read five books this year, muchless fifty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I'm definitely not amazing, crazy maybe, but not amazing. plus, I have no life so I have plenty of time to read. ;)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the books - my goal was to finish all the unread ones I own before buying more. And then I realised I'd have to exclude cook books from that, because they're my crack. But besides that I'm doing okay. So far I've read and reviewed about one per month for the last seven months and my reviews really are seriously half-arsed, so if you ever need to confirm that sometimes it's just better not to review books at all, check 'em out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your goal should've been for every 5 young adult/teen books you read, you have to read one "smart book" (as Alyssa would say)....

    Although If I Stay was a "thinker"...just without any big words.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...