Wednesday, February 15, 2012

{Book Review} If I Stay by Gayle Forman







Summary: (from goodreads) In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces - to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heart-wrenchingly beautiful, Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time. 


I read the entire book in one night. I could not put it down, and I refused to sleep until I had devoured every word.

Although the events in this book are devastatingly heartbreaking, you can't help but keep reading. (no matter how badly I wanted to put it down for fear that my heart would break in two.) As we follow Mia through her journey between life and death, we not only see what is happening inside the hospital where she lies in a coma, but we also see Mia's memories. That is where the real heart fail is found. With these memories we get to know and love her parents, her brother, her best friend, and her boyfriend, Adam. A story that could have been weighed down with heavy traumatic themes, was balanced with humor and love.

This is a quick read, with wonderful pacing that keeps you reading and your heart breaking until the very last page.

1 comment:

  1. I concur! Read it in a day...easy read, good ponder-er....

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...