Wednesday, December 14, 2011

remember that time I said I was going to start reviewing books...

and then I totally just left you guys hanging and started up a fan blog for The Host instead?
Yeah, that happened.

...because blogging about twilight is so two years ago.

it's all about the bodysnatching aliens and love triangles now, people.

So my little Host blog is still in it's infancy, but we have big plans for it, including a book discussion.

But, before we can do a discussion, y'all need to read it.

That's where my very first book review comes in...

see what I did there?

full circle, my friends.


The Host by Stephenie Meyer (don't judge.) is a Sci-fi novel about our world taken over by bodysnatching aliens. The book follows one particular Soul, a soul called Wanderer. She is placed in the body of Melanie Stryder one of the last humans in the resistance against the alien invaders. However, instead of being completely erased, Melanie stays in the back of her mind, tormenting Wanderer with her memories and love for her brother Jamie and her boyfriend, Jared. Plagued by these memories, Wanderer begins to long for the brother and boyfriend she has never met. Aaaaand craziness ensues.

This story has one of the most difficult love-polygons I have ever read. It's thought provoking and emotional and there are no sparkly vampires. *gasp* I know! I had a hard time reading this book in the beginning because it wasn't Twilight, but once I got into the book I fell in love with these characters and I pretty much bawled my eyes out for the last 2 or 3 chapters.

It has been dubbed science fiction for people who don't like science fiction.




Now go, my friends, and read this wonderment.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. OMGato I loved that book. I couldn't put it down until I was finished and it was during the school year, so that was kind of a problem.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...