Monday, September 5, 2011

I never read the books






We finally saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II on Saturday.

It felt like an eternity waiting for our tiny movie theater to show it.

I plugged my ears and sang "la la la" anytime someone mentioned the movie.

Everyone and their dog knew how it was going to end.

because they all read the books, of course.

Even my husband read the series in the weeks leading up to it's release.

but I stood my ground.

I wanted it to be a surprise.

I was never interested in reading the books.

The movies were just fine with me.

I had an idea of how it was all going to go down.

I didn't think I would cry.

but behind those giant 3D glasses, I may have shed a tear or two.

and then I left the movie theater not feeling closure.

no, I left with a hole in my heart and a desire to read the books.

because I didn't already have a stack of books to read.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. My sister did fill me in on the little details but I loved the movies so much, I asked for the books for gifts along the way. And to my delight, I received the first for my birthday! Hope Dan will share with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to read the books. They are absolutely wonderful and magical and amazing. I know you love twilight, but harry potter doesn't even compare. Its just so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...