Friday, August 19, 2011

young adult novels aren't helping my street cred...

One thing my husband and I have in common is our love for collecting books.

We dream of someday having a library in our home.

I imagine we will have our own sections...mine will be filled with Young Adult novels about vampires, dystopian societies, and psychic teenagers.

I'm so philisophical and deep. Obviously.

Whenever we go on vacation we buy a crapton of books.

We pay for extra bags because we buy at least a suitcase full.

Have you been to Powell's Books? It's like heaven.
You know, if heaven smelled like old paper and hipsters.

Plus, I need books to read while traveling... a.k.a. sitting in the SeaTac airport for 4 hours.

Honestly, SeaTac is the worst place to have a late night lay over.
There are like 4 plugins in the entire freakin' airport. Who does that?!

Anyways, my airport read this year was Matched by Ally Condie

If you enjoyed the Hunger Games series, you will most likely enjoy this book.

Unfortunately, the sequel, Crossed, doesn't hit the shelves until November.

I bought quite a few books this year, and since then I've bought a few sequels.

So I've decided to start reviewing the books I read here on the blog.

Now, I will warn you, not only am I terrible at reading books in a timely manner, I also totally suck at updating the blog.

My goal is to read them all by the end of the year.

I love setting myself up for failure.

My goodreads account will give you a clue as to which books I'll be reviewing. Stay tuned...


2 comments:

  1. Okay I don't know what happened to the other post, but I just spent half the morning on STFU Parents. That site is addictive! Thanks for sharing. :) Oh and I am very much looking forward to your book reviews however frequently they occur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the plug-ins at Sea Tac are in the childrens' play area...not so bad...couch and plug-in...take some sanitizer though!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...