Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The circus rolled into town, and I was the main attraction.

Well, I've been 25 for a couple weeks now and I feel exactly the same as I did when I was 24.

Except, now I can drive a rental car without paying a million dollars.

Who am I kidding? There is no way the husband is going to let me drive. Let's be realistic.

So, on my birthday, I strapped on my brand new birthday boots and went to work.

When I got to my office, I opened the door, flipped on the lights and almost peed my pants.

My office was filled with balloons.

Strung floor to ceiling.

Obviously, the birthday faeries came to visit, and they wanted EVERY ONE to know it was my birthday.

So, there I sat, at my desk, in a colorful balloon cage for all to see.

I couldn't figure out how everyone just automatically knew it was my birthday,

we could have been celebrating my bat mitzvah for all they knew...

Until, I saw the giant sticky note on the front of my desk that said, "Happy Birthday Kim!"

My friends are sneaky little devils.

I'm always so thrilled to be at work, what can I say?


On top of all that, my co-workers got me a cake and hid it under the boss's desk...

I'm pretty sure they almost caught that desk on fire. good times.

25 candles doesn't sound like a lot until you put them all on a little cake. Then it becomes a fire hazard.

I basically ate my weight in cake that day.

Not only did we eat german chocolate cake, but one of my friends also baked me the most magical sparkly pink cupcakes.

magical cupcakes of wonderment. zero calories...obviously

They were made out of rainbows and sunshine. Or it could have been funfetti cake and strawberry frosting. But I'm pretty sure they came from the land of Unicorns.

All day I sat in balloonland, eating cake, and basically being spoiled.

Like seriously, who knew? I didn't even think these guys liked me.

Don't get me wrong, they teased me mercilessly.

"Oh, how old are you? 19?"

"That's so great, you're finally 21!"

"You don't look a day over 16."

"If you walked into a bar, I would card you."

I will always look like a teenager.

And you know what...I'm okay with that.

...because I'm so mature.



My office is super lame and boring now that my circus cage is gone.

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Happy late birthday! I love that they celebrated like that! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! And now I totally want cupcakes! LOL! Happy 25th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun what great friends to decorate for you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...