Tuesday, March 15, 2011

the woes of online shopping

Sometimes things just don't work out.

and by "work out" I mean don't fit over my apparently enormous calves.

yep, you guessed it, I bought the boots, but the boots gave me the finger.



pirate hooker? not a good look, my friends.

Unfolded I looked like a fat hooker,

and folded down I looked like a fat pirate.

neither of which were looks I was going for.

If they had been heels I think I could have gotten away with them, but since they fit so snugly I couldn't pull them up enough, which made them bunch up in the most unflattering way around my ankles.

Yuck.

I decided to show them to Dan, while he was playing video games *facepalm*

this is how it went down...

me: dude, these are terrible, I look like a pirate hooker.

Dan: *eyes pealed on the TV* so you're saying you don't like them?

me: i'm saying they look terrible. look!

*folds them up and down*

Dan: hey, could you do that again?

*catch him checking out my cleavage*

me: you are terrible, I'm sending them back.





It's always a gamble not being able to try things on.

Like the green plaid shirt dress I thought would be SO cute from Old Navy.

No, it's the fugliest dress I've ever owned.

And will remain owning, because I was too lazy to send it back.

You win this time, Old Navy.

---

The real question is, should I still go for the Steve Madden boots?

What if they are amazing and I end up missing out on some kickass boots?

(This is my mind, it's scary in there.)


....decisions, decisions.

4 comments:

  1. Bummer. Boots like that don't fit on me either. I think you should try again. Especially if you can send them back if they don't work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time finding boots that fit me. Silly big calves.

    Also, I think the fact that your hubby was checkin' you out is simply adorable. That's what I want on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha, Men! Those boots are too hard for me to pull off. I have fat calves. LOL.


    Write it in Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Fat hooker boots sound disappointing! This is why I'm terrified of buying clothing online.

    Btw, cool blog!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...