Saturday, March 5, 2011

with what money?

I love it when my husband asks, "With what money?"  whenever I tell him I want to buy something.
(that's a lie. I absolutely loath it.)

Well, I was thinking about using the money I make selling harvested organs in dark alleys.

Or, I could use the money I get from that time-suck I call a job.

You know the place I go every morning, that turns me into a brain eating zombie by 5 o'clock.

Granted, this aversion to spending pertains to things like clothes, shoes, asian babies, and hair products.

Not food. I can pretty much buy all the food that I want. He doesn't starve me or anything.
(but maybe he should.)

The other day I tried explaining the importance of my buying new boots.

You see, my Target special, knee high black boots are broken.

I'm pretty sure one of the many grated metal stairs around town assaulted my left heel and tore that little rubber end right off.

Truly, I am devastated. And who knows how long it's been missing.

For the past 2 weeks I've been doing my most favorite thing in the world...online shopping.

And now, I am convinced I need TWO new pairs of boots.

Because, I cannot live another day without a a black pair and brown pair.

It's a travesty that I haven't owned a pair of brown boots in 5 years.

That is 5 years too long, people.

So, I've figured out a way to get exactly what I want.

Obviously, I need a pair to replace my old broken ones, so I found these...
Chinese Laundry

Which he cannot deny me, because they are a necessity of life.

And these...
steve madden
...these babies are for my birthday.

You see what I did there? Yea. I'm pretty smooth like that.

Bonus, everything is on sale because it's the end of the season in the fashion world.

Of course, we still have winter for another 4 months.

Go me!

5 comments:

  1. Sheesh. Dan's a bigger cheapskate than Chad.

    I did notice the Juno-y Asian baby comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. what can I say, Juno is my homegirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this made me laugh so hard, I hope you get these boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!!! I am addicted to online shopping also:) My latest purchase is a king cake for Mardi Gras:) The boots are super cute! Love them:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's some kind of rule that you can't live in Alaska without having boots. Good boots. Pretty boots. :) Will that work?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...