Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm pretty sure I'm missing Algebra class right now.

In one week, I will be twenty-five years old.

what the fetch?

I don't know what happened.

I think I fell and hit my head in high school and woke up here in this weird "13 going on 30" alternate universe, because I don't remember getting old.

My teenage brain is not equipped for this twenty-five year old life.

I spend hours playing bejeweled and angry birds on my cell phone instead of doing laundry.
And then act shocked when I can't find anything to wear, and my room is covered in clothing.

I was supposed to call my insurance company during lunch the other day, but spent the entire hour
watching baby pygmy goats on youtube (thanks, Elly) and listening to Garfunkel & Oats and Rocky & Balls.

And for the love of Pete, don't ask me to cook a meal. Anything with more than two steps
(unwrap put in microwave) is a recipe for disaster, and will only end in tears and broken appliances.

My husband has a panic attack anytime I look at the KitchenAid mixer.
I'm pretty sure he's afraid it will fall apart if I lay a finger on it.

I have the eating habits of a 12 year old.

If it wasn't for my husband, I don't think I would even see a vegetable, let alone eat one.

Despite my child-like tendencies, I guess I have grown up.

Because, I'm pretty sure my sixteen-year-old self would be scared sh!t-less if she lived in Alaska.

In fact, you couldn't have paid sixteen-year-old me to get on an airplane.
Not even backstage passes to Spice Girls or Hanson would get me on one of those winged death traps.

Now I have to get on a plane anytime I want to see civilization. Like Starbucks or Old Navy.

Between the dead animals, whales, and lack of Seven-Eleven,
sixteen-year-old me would be terrified.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on 25 years of awesome! I think you're fabulous. And growing up is over rated. Age is just a number. I say you do anything you want to do. Like buy a baby pygmy goat! Those things are basically the cutest thing in the world! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude 25 is not so bad, I too have the eating habits of a 12 year old but attribute that to my children who are under 4. Laugh out Loud.

    Write it in Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm......16 year old me would be soooo disappointed that I still lived in Alaska. And quite confused at my lifestyle, for sure! I mean it was going to be St. Elmo's Fire for me baby!

    And...you're NOT OLD! For cryin' out loud, at 25 I didn't even have a kid yet! And as for eating like a 12 year old....it comes back....when you have kids and you're eating like a 5 year old, a 8 year old, then a 10 year old....I'm waiting for my kids' tastebuds to mature!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...