Wednesday, February 16, 2011

going to Nome for a wife

One of my all time favorite movies is Blast From The Past with Alicia Silverstone and Brendan Fraser.



Basically everything I know about Alaska I learned from that movie scene. 

If you would have told me back in 2000 -when I first saw this movie- that I would eventually live in Alaska,
I would have laughed and said you were crazy.

Four years ago I moved to Nome.

Who's crazy now?

....by the way, no one comes to Nome for a wife. Just sayin.

2 comments:

  1. I *heart* Kids in the Hall!
    Okay, that was a random out burst.
    And, I'm thinkin', you should say to yourself,
    Pfff I would never move to the Silver State. That way, you'll jinx yourself and be here four years from now! Like my pre-coffee logic? Bwahahahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go. Neve say never. But it must be pretty there cause all I know from Alaska is what I see from Sarah Palin. LOL

    Write it in Lipstick

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...