Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Funny Girls

I spent almost the entire weekend in my pajamas, watching movies and youtube, oh yea, and eating chips and salsa by the container full. I'm not proud, but I am satisfied.

Saturday I did manage to shower and put on jeans before I went to my friend's house to play Just Dance 2 on the Wii. Which was pretty much hilarious and next time I'll put on my industrial strength sports bra and yoga pants, because when we get dancing, it gets brutal, and by brutal I mean horrifying and sweaty. 2 year olds were crying, husbands were scarred for life, it was mayhem.

We had so much fun, we had no idea there was a blizzard raging outside.

I'm talking white out blizzard, people. I prayed and sang church songs the entire way home. Seriously, I've lived here for 4 years and never actually driven, myself, in a blizzard. I about peed my pants on the drive home. I was like Carrie Underwood, Jesus take the wheel while I crap my pants, ohmygoshpleasedontletmedietoday!

So, Sunday we were snowed in, obviously, and church was canceled.
I decided to take the opportunity -while Dan played hours of Fallout: New Vegas- to watch chick movies...Funny Girl and Funny Lady. Seriously epic. I've said it before, Barbra is one of my idols.

Of course then I had Don't Rain On My Parade stuck in my head for the rest of the 3-day weekend.

I'm sure Dan was thrilled.

Besides belting out showtunes with my headphones so I can't hear how off key I am....
(srsly, ask my husband, he has been subjected to that scene one too many times)
My other favorite thing to do is watch stand up comics.
I really love finding great female comics, like Chelsea Handler and Iliza Shlesinger.

So, to help brighten your Tuesday that probably feels like a Monday,
here are a couple of my favorite funny girls...

*warning, partaking of beverages while viewing the following clips may cause choking and or ruined keyboard*

Iliza Shlesinger

Jokes.com
Iliza Shlesinger - Gem of Knowledge
comedians.comedycentral.com
JokesJoke of the DayFunny Jokes

Jokes.com
Iliza Shlesinger - Snake in the Grass
comedians.comedycentral.com
JokesJoke of the DayFunny Jokes

Anjelah Johnson

Jokes.com
Anjelah Johnson - Flight Attendants
comedians.comedycentral.com
JokesJoke of the DayFunny Jokes

Jokes.com
Anjelah Johnson - Butt Check-Out
comedians.comedycentral.com
JokesJoke of the DayFunny Jokes


Happy Tuesday, Y'all.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, this is too funny. The poor children and husbands will be scar for life.

    Write it in Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have given me yet another reason to avoid homework. I'm now watching every single comedian. Thank you.

    =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...