Monday, November 29, 2010

Mix Tape

Today I am participating in the Interactive Post from the super popular blog Why Not? Twilight, Rpattz, and Me. If you are a fan of Twilight, Robert Pattinson, or just straight up hilarity at its finest, definitely go check out the blog. and tell my home-girl Amcas, "The Boss" sent you.
Photobucket


HOW TO PUT TOGETHER YOUR TAPE 
Your mixtape should be ten tracks long and consist of five tracks on each side.
Side ‘A’ should represent the positive, happy bits.
Side ‘B’ should represent the not so happy bits, but end on a good note.
You can choose whether or not to explain your song choices.

When you are finished, choose a way to share your tape with us:
1. Make a comment listing your tracks/artists.
2. Make a blog post on your blog and give us the link.
3. Make a mixpod play-list with your tracks and give us the link.

TRACK ORDER

SIDE ‘A’

Track one: a song that you think represents your life/view on life at present.
Track two: a song that makes you think of your favorite person at present.
Track three: a song that represents your love life at present.
Track four: a song that always cheers you up.
Track five: a song that you will always associate with a good memory.


SIDE ‘B’
Track one: a song that makes you think of your least favorite person, past or present.
Track two: a song that represents your love life in the past 1-5 years.
Track three: a song you love, but can’t listen to without feeling sad.
Track four: a song that you will always associate with a negative memory.
Track five: a song that inspires you to power through the bad and make the most of life.


Here is my mix tape, I like to call it:
"the mixed up musings of me"
(catchy, I know.)


Side 'A'

Track one:
a song that you think represents your life/view on life at present.
Be OK - Ingrid Michaelson
 I just want to be okay. I think everyone does. This is such a simple song,
but it works when I am feeling down, or having a bad day at work and it gets stuck in my head.
I just think to myself... "I just want to be okay today."




Track two:
a song that makes you think of your favorite person at present.
Not The Same - Ben Folds Five
My bestie introduced me to the wonderment that is Ben Folds last year. 
I used to listen to this song constantly, and it always makes me think of her.



Track three:
a song that represents your love life at present.
The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
"If you are chilly, here take my sweater.
Your head is aching, I'll make it better.
Cause I love the way you call me baby.
And you take me the way I am."



Track four:
a song that always cheers you up.
Daylight - Matt and Kim
Not only does this song make me think of my bestie, but it always cheers me up with its happy
and vibrant sound. You can't hate this song...it's against nature.



Track five:
a song that you will always associate with a good memory.
The Power of Love - Huey Lewis and The News
Back To The Future + Huey Lewis = Sparkle hearts! 
My husband and I love these guys.


Side 'B'

Track one:
a song that makes you think of your least favorite person, past or present.
Blinded - Third Eye Blind
my ex-boyfriend's favorite band. need I say more?
For the record, I love Third Eye Blind, but this song in particular makes me think of my ex.



Track two:
a song that represents your love life in the past 1-5 years.
This was our wedding song.
Only Hope - Switchfoot
"I lay my head back down.
And I lift my hands and pray
To be only yours, I pray, to be only yours
I pray, to be only yours
I know now you're my only hope.
"



Track three:
a song you love, but can’t listen to without feeling sad.
I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab For Cutie
There's no real explanation needed for why this song makes me sad. Just listen. 



Track four:
a song that you will always associate with a negative memory.
Strings That Tie To You - Jon Brion
During my break up with my high school boyfriend, I was obsessed with
Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind. I watched it everyday, and listened to
the soundtrack constantly. Now I can't watch it or listen to it, even though I love the movie..



Track five:
a song that inspires you to power through the bad and make the most of life.
This is Not a Test - She and Him
"For those of us who try to keep remembering,
Try to do our better than our best.
Think of all the children in the drifts of snow.
Winners never quit, but winters never rest.
"

4 comments:

  1. U R awesome. Thank you for playing my reindeer games. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! Was this YOUR playlist??? Who's this friggin' "bestie" because IIII certainly didn't introduce you to anything not played on rural Alaska Catholic/Inupiaq radio!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to stop and leave a comment to tell ya that I just love the name of your blog. I live in Indiana, but have visited Alaska and have family that lives there and the thought of a city girl in that big wide open space just made me smile.
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...