Monday, May 31, 2010

Over the teeth, past the gums, look out stomach, here it comes!

I have tried several different beverages since I quit soda and energy drinks. I have been drinking tons of water, and flavored waters. And sometimes, I just need a little carbonation. 

Here are some of the beverages I have been loving.



1.
Hansen's Sugar Free Sparkling Water Valencia Orange
Sweetened with Splenda, zero calorie, no caffeine, no Aspartame*, no high fructose corn syrup.
I drink these all the time, and although Splenda tends to give it a slight diet-y after taste,  
I still enjoy this carbonated beverage.



2.
Vitamin Water XXX (triple anti-oxidants)
There are a few flavors I like, but my favorite seems to be XXX.
Containing acai, blueberry, and pomegranate and only 50 calories per serving, no caffeine, no Aspartame*.
I drink this when I'm craving juice, but not wanting the extra calories.



3.
SoBe lifewater Pomegranate Cherry
 I wasn't impressed with the 0 calorie variety, seeing as they have a very diet-y after taste.
However, the normal Lifewater, was pretty good. 40 calories per serving, no caffeine and no Aspartame*.
I usually buy this when its on sale.



4.
Fresca Sparkling Citrus
I feel like I am cheating a little drinking Fresca. It is a zero calorie, non caffeinated beverage.
However, it does contain Aspartame*, which I am not a fan of. Fresca is just as refreshing as it sounds, and I do enjoy it in moderation. Just because its zero calorie, doesn't always mean its good for you.



5.
Crystal Light Fruit Punch
There is always Crystal Light in my house. 
Even though it is sugar free and only 5 calories per serving, it does contain Aspartame*.
I try to limit my Crystal Light consumption because it tends to give me a stomach ache. 






Sometimes...
You just can't beat, good ol' watery water.
Smartwater
If it makes me look like Jen, I'll take a year supply thank you very much.

(source: mail online)




Happy Memorial Day, and stay hydrated everyone.
*smooches*


*Aspartame: Aspartame is an artificial sweetener. It is 200 times sweeter than sugar in typical concentrations, without the high energy value of sugar. Because its breakdown products include phenylalanine, aspartame is among the many substances that must be avoided by people with phenylketonuria (PKU), a rare genetic condition.


6 comments:

  1. Try this: http://www.sodastreamusa.com/?gclid=CLTblerg_KECFUJx5QodlTeoEQ

    Seriously, it's the most fun ever. Carbonated goodness at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soda Stream is so cool! I looked into it a while back, but it can't be shipped to Alaska because its a Haz Mat issue. *poutyface* The Carborators arent allowed on the planes. Sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Smartwater just a brand name water like Evian or Fiji?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, it's just another brand of water, it's the same company that makes vitaminwater. it does taste more watery than regular water. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know your pain! I too stopped drinking anything that has caffeine in it a couple of months ago. Tried many a flavored drinks but in the end, what I found effective is coconut water and just plain water. Also, if I may add, many of the products you mentioned contained artificial sweeteners which, in the end, might be bad for your overall health. Here's something to shed some light about this (so I won't appear like a crazy old lady): http://www.mercola.com/Downloads/bonus/aspartame/report.aspx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...