Monday, April 19, 2010

So long Winter, thanks for all the snow.

FINALLY! The snow is melting.

I thought Winter was never going to end, seeing as the last week or two we've been having crazy blowing snow and blizzard conditions.

 (this was in my work parking lot)

Now I am living in a giant Slurpee full of dirty and gravel.

mmmmmmm Slurpee.



(you can't tell but that tire track is like 5 inches deep)




Anyways, if I have to live in a slushee for a week or two in order to get some green up in here, I think I can handle it.


You don't realize how much you miss green and even brown, when all you've seen is white for 7 months.

Since the sun rises at -I don't what time, cause its up before I am- and stays out til' well after 11pm, it's really starting to warm up... and by warm up I mean it was 42 degrees out yesterday and Dan was wearing shorts.

Last night we went to a friends house and instead of hopping in the rickety van, we grabbed our helmets and hopped on the four-wheeler.

It's nice when you don't have to dress like you're going on an arctic expedition just to go outside.

In fact, it even makes Nome seem a little tiny bit normal. If you consider driving a four-wheeler around town "normal".

We really didn't go outside much this Winter.

Cable and Netflix will do that to ya.

Dan did go on a few snowmobile rides...





and I, well, I stayed inside. Like all Winter.

Can we say "Cabin Fever"?

Now I am super excited about going outside,

but I don't want to go anywhere out in the country...

because I hate peeing outside.

However, I do like going to the beach and putting my feet in the sand...


oooh yeah...I'm just gonna pretend that I'm on a tropical island. heh.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I can not even imagine! I live in Tennessee and this was one of the wettest winters we've had in like my whole life! And we only had a few inches of snow all winter!

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wearing shorts when it's 42 degrees? I'm bundled up at that temperature!
    Really good pictures and descriptions. Your work parking lot has way too much snow along the edges.
    Can't imagine even wanting to have a slurpee when it's that cold.
    Yay for Netflix! I can see why you were indoors all winter.
    Hope the weather's even nicer there for you today! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...