Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Childhood Icons {Barbra Streisand}



I grew up listening to Barbra Streisand.
My mother would play her albums constantly,
believe me I am not complaining...
I loved it.
I remember listening to my mom sing along with every song,
and soon enough I knew every songs too.
Streisand is not only one of the most magnificent voices of all time,
but one of my fondest childhood memories with my mom.



(me, doing my best "Barbra")


I owe a lot of my musical influences to my mom.
Not only did she introduce me to Streisand, but also
Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Judy Garland, and even Queen.
Among others.


One of my favorite things to do
is watch her early performances.
She has this extraordinary passion when she sings.

Here are a few of my favorites found on youtube.



Goosebumps every time.





Mom and I used to sing this duet around the house, all the time...



We had this album on tape...
I'm surprised I never wore that poor little tape out.
This was my favorite song.



A Star is Born...fantastic movie! And Barbra is rockin that afro!





{We totally could have been the greatest thing since The Judds. just sayin.}

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your mom has good taste!

    Just stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have LOVED Babs since I saw funny girl in middle school. She is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...