Friday, March 27, 2009

Liquid-Crack


I love ROCKSTAR Energy Drinks...srsly. I imagine they could possibly kill me if I drank them everyday for the rest of my life, but I can quit at anytime...I just choose not to. I usually buy the "Double Strength/Double Size" can. I have never even seen a "Single Strength/Single Size"! Do they exist? Maybe I should GOOGLE it...

okay I am back. And yes, apparently they have "red bull size" 8 oz. Rockstars...but that just ain't enough for me.

I read this every time I drink one... their slogan on the side of the can...

"Bigger. Better. Faster. Stronger. ROCKSTAR is the world's most powerful energy drink. Enhanced with the potent herbal blend of Guarana, Ginkgo, Ginseng and Milk Thistle, ROCKSTAR is scientifically formulated to provide an incredible energy boost for those who lead active and exhausting lifestyles–from athletes to rock stars. Enjoy this fully refreshing lightly carbonated beverage super chilled."

(then I proceed to sing "Stronger" by Kanye West to myself)

I do not lead an exhausting lifestyle nor am I an athlete or rock star, however, I do need something to keep me from using my keyboard as a pillow when I'm at the office. So every morning I go to the grocery store and grab a ROCKSTAR. The cashier always asks "is this everything for you?" and I reply "yes, just the liquid-crack, thanks." and all is right in the world.



On Wednesday that is not how the deal went down.

I walked in and this is the convo that followed...

cashier: Hey, we're all out.

me: what? (looks in cooler...spies only "sugar free 24 oz.") *shudder*

cashier: want me to check the back?

me: YES. I want the big black one! (thats what she said!)

me: *pacing*

cashier: umm yea they are all gone.

me: *crushed* ...ugh.

then I proceeded to grab a stupid sugar free 24 ouncer that makes me feel like a tweeker...seriously. oh crappy day.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. I once had a buddy that I worked with who bought a triple for him and his wife six days a week, until he realized that he was spending $2.50 per drink. In one year, he was spending about $1500 on Rockstar! Crazy, eh?!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or the Polar Bears will get you...